Basics of Space Flight is a tutorial designed primarily as a quick training guide for mission operations people. But teachers, college and high-school students—anyone interested in the concept of interplanetary spaceflight—may find it useful.
This online course offers a broad scope, but limited depth, as a robust framework to accommodate further training or investigation. Many other resources are available for delving into each of the topics related here; indeed, any one of them can involve a lifelong career of specialization. Links to external sites provide further depth to many topics. There are interactive quizzes to let you check your own progress. No records are kept, nor does DIYGURU offer academic credit for this training.
The main objective of the course is to introduce the concept of space system design and engineering. The course will describe the various subsystems involved in the design of a satellite. It will also describe the techniques of systems engineering that are used to obtain a coherent satellite design.
Highlights of space mission organization and engineering. Mission
objectives, science objectives, mission architectures.
Conception and Design of spacecraft
General description of the space environment and survivability, and
spacecraft subsystems including: science instruments,
telecommunications, power management and distribution, command and
data handling, thermal control, propulsion, structures and mechanisms,
configuration, end-to-end information system, flight software.
System Engineering Techniques
Presentation of the major system engineering techniques: functional
analysis, block diagrams, design trade-offs, design budgets, interface
management, tradable parameters.
Introduction to Project Engineering
Other project considerations for a system engineer: requirements
definition and tracking, spacecraft integration and test, mission
operations, reliability and quality assurance, cost and risk management.
satellites, space system, space environment and and orbital mechanics
By the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Structure a space project in development phases
- Formulate the tasks and responsibilities of the system engineer
- Dimension the overall system
- Dimension each satellite subsystem
- Elaborate a coherent and consistent system design
- Design a space mission
- Integrate constraints due to the space environment
- Set objectives and design an action plan to reach those objectives.
- Plan and carry out activities in a way which makes optimal use of available time and other resources.
- Use a work methodology appropriate to the task.
- Access and evaluate appropriate sources of information.
- Write a scientific or technical report.
|The Space Shuttle and the International Space Station|
|Introduction to Space Systems and Space Tethers|
No Reviews found for this course.
- Fundamentals of Electric Vehicle Engineering
- MATLAB Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Automobile Engineering
- Basics of Python Programming Language for Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics
- Electrical Engineering Fundamentals
- Autodesk Alias Certification Course
- Additive Manufacturing & Rapid prototyping
- Design of EV using MATLAB
- Electric Motorcycle / E-Bike Design Course using SOLIDWORKS
- CATIA – Computer Aided Drawing and Drafting
- Automotive Sketching & Drawing
- Battery Management System
- BS 6 Emission Norms and Control Stategies
- Fundamentals of ANSYS (FEA/FEM)
- MSC ADAMS Multibody Dynamics
Help Center: [email protected]
Book Your Free Session Now
Fill in the form below to book a 30 min no-obligation consulting session.
I will reply within 24 hours.