Course Content last updated on September 21, 2020
Motor controller is a device that improves the performance of an electric motor in a prearranged manner. Motor controllers can include an automatic or manual means for starting/stopping the motor, choosing forward/reverse rotation, selecting and controlling the speed, modifying or limiting the torque, and shielding against faults and overloads. The major constituents of electric vehicle systems are the motor, power supply, controller, drive train and a charger. An EVM controller or electric vehicle motor controller is a machine that is employed to regulate the torque generated by the motors of electric vehicles by means of modifying the energy flow from the power sources to the motor.
- Similarities and differences with ICE
- Components and key performance criteria
- Transmission and Power Couplings- AMT, Dual Clutch, CVT
- Shift Quality Parameters
- Architecture Development of EV’s:
- System Integration -Dynamics-Topology Selection & Modeling, Braking, Safety
- Range / Power conflict
- Regenerative Braking System
- Thermal Management for Motors & Batteries:
- Thermal Issues & Functions of Thermal Management System
- Technologies for Thermal management Air Cooling, Liquid Cooling
- Direct Refrigerant Cooling, Thermos Electric Module
- Existing EVs Architecture
- live discussions ofHero Electric, Mahindra E2O, Ather Energy, Okinawa praise, gogoro electric scooter.
Purely electrical vehicles use an electric motor for traction, and batteries for their corresponding energy sources. The EV has many advantages over the conventional internal combustion engine vehicle, such as absence of emissions, high efficiency, independence from petroleum, and quiet and smooth operation.
A series hybrid drive train is a drive train in which two electrical power source (fusel and battery) feed a single electrical power plant (electric motor) that propels the vehicle. The unidirectional energy converter is an IC engine coupled to an electric generator. The bidirectional energy source is a battery pack connected to the power DC bus which is also connected to the controller of the electric motor.
A parallel hybrid drive train is a drive train in which the engine supplies its mechanical power directly to the driven wheels in a manner similar to a conventional IC engine vehicle. The engine is assisted by an electric motor that is mechanically coupled to the driveline.
- Which engineer will work on electric vehicles?
- Motor controller design for hybrid electric vehicles, IEEE
- Emadi, A. (Ed.), Miller, J., Ehsani, M., “Vehicular Electric Power Systems” Boca Raton, CRC Press, 2003.
- Husain, I. “Electric and Hybrid Vehicles” Boca Raton, CRC Press, 2010.
- Larminie, James, and John Lowry, “Electric Vehicle Technology Explained” John Wiley and Sons, 2012.
- Tariq Muneer and Irene Illescas García, “The automobile, In Electric Vehicles: Prospects and Challenges”, Elsevier, 2017.
- Sheldon S. Williamson, “Energy Management Strategies for Electric and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles”, Springer, 2013.
No Reviews found for this course.