DIYguru presents a certification program on Fundamentals of Electric Vehicle Engineering. This program provides you with the most flexible learning environment possible. This program is offered as a self-paced program often referred to as an asynchronous online program which is time-independent, meaning that it can be accessed 24X7 within the tenure of 90 days.
This program can be accessed from multiple devices which makes it easy to learn on the go. Lectures are pre-recorded or slide presentation with voice-over commentary, interactive discussion boxes that foster student to student interaction, Email communication with the instructor are part of this process. Downloadable educational tools such as e-books, research papers, and government reports are made available at just one click.
The course tends to equip participants with multidisciplinary expertise and increase the practical exposure with the tools and functioning of the Electric vehicle via small workshop prototypes. This course follows the practical approach of learning (PLA model) to educate and offer cutting edge training to prepare engineers for the future industry workforce demand.
- Make Participants more employable.
- Prepare participants to match up with the industry 4.0 revolution.
- Bridge the gap between conventional methods of learning and application-based method of learning.
- To empower participants with the skills to face future challenges.
Full Detail – Here
- Get to know about different modules of Electric Vehicles.
- Understand the underlying concept behind Power Electronics & Battery Management System.
- Understand the effects of external factors and assumptions taken for designing the vehicle and its power train.
- Understand the mystery of chemistry within batteries.
- Get mentored by Industry Experts.
- Get project assistance.
- Get on request instructor-led hands-on workshops.
- Get career mentorship in Electric/Green-Energy fields.
DIYguru provides placement assistance by providing an enormous amount of technical knowledge about the corresponding field and latest information about tech-trends. Information on new vacancies is float through e-mails by our support team to every student, so that you can apply for the job as early as possible. India has chalked a plan to aid its electric mobility mission by creating a specialized workforce. The blueprint aims at generating 10 million jobs. The government had initiated the National Electric Mobility Mission Plan in the year 2013 with an objective to put 6-7 million electric vehicles on Indian roads by 2020 and committing to achieving 30% e-mobility in the country by 2030. DIYguru has a direct tie-up with Industries. The students / professional performing outstandingly in this course will get the opportunity to build a career in the E-Mobility sector.
Alumni Success Stories
Business Opportunities in the Electric Vehicle Industry:
- Battery scrapping
- Battery swap hubs
- Last Mile Connectivity
- ICE Vehicles Scrapping Center
- Electric car servicing garage
- EV Charging StationCentral government announced Rs. 6 per KW. Finding a location, getting the rate from DISCOM and consulting for setting up EV charging station can be great business opportunity.
Trusted by Professionals from 300+ companies across the globe.
- Learn without a career break with online classes available 24*7.
- One can access the course at their own pace, but with the investment of 3-5 hours/week, it can be finished within a month.
- The electrical vehicle certification course is a Workshop Integrated Learning Program designed for students or professionals aspire to work or working in automotive, auto-component, design and manufacturing sector and aim to develop the required skills to build and sustain future automobiles.
- The program has a special emphasis on concepts such as Vehicle dynamics, Architecture, Motor Design, Ergonomics and Battery Technology.
- The program includes basic concepts required for developing an Electric Vehicle.
- The program uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the program.
The program is designed for students or professionals who are:
- Having a Diploma, BE / B.Tech or equivalent in domains such as Automotive, Mechanical, EEE, ECE, Instrumentation, Mechatronics.
- Automotive enthusiasts (No academic qualification mandatory) working in industries such as Automotive, Auto component, Design, Manufacturing, etc.
- Working in Functional areas such as R&D, Analysis, Maintenance, Projects, component design, etc.
- Interested in pursuing further studies on the part-time or full-time basis in Automotive, Electrical, Electronics, and Mechanics sector.
- Create your account by signing up here
- Log in to your account and navigate to Fee Payment Page.
- Select the preferred course item
- Select the prepared payment gateway most likely (Debit Card/Credit Card)
- Pay the amount and start learning your course.
Financial assistance / Scholarship
“Do you need financial assistance? DIYguru offers up to a 90% discount on our verified certificates to learners who cannot afford to pay full price. Check the DIYguru support page for financial assistance.”
The program to give its best will need the following requirements:
- Computer/ Laptop will provide you with the best experience, but this program is quite compatible with smartphones to make it feasible for students worldwide.
- High-speed internet for crystal clear experience, but this program can also run without buffering with below-average connectivity for reaching out to students from suburban and rural areas.
- A student should make their notes for future reference.
- A student should have basic knowledge about high-school physics and chemistry, even though the pre-requisite of this program will brush up one’s basic concepts.
Electric Vehicle Industry Overview
Most automobile companies are vowing to switch to electric, a cleaner, and sustainable alternative. An electric revolution is coming to the automobile sector in the world. But, the industry is facing a shortage of talented, aptly skilled engineers needed for the transition to electric drives as the primary source of motive power.
Help fill that gap and gain an edge with DIYguru’s Hybrid and Electric Vehicle (H.EV.) curriculum. The electric vehicle online course provides advanced knowledge in design, analysis, control, calibration, and operating characteristics of Electric Vehicles. Students and Professionals can integrate this industry-ready certificate course in their skill-set for career and overall growth opportunities.
Need for Upskilling In EV Industry
There is a huge skill gap between industry and academia when it comes to the task of taking the entire automobile industry towards electric mobility and that’s where DIYguru comes into play. Our courses are self paced, project oriented and enable the learner to follow their passion in a particular topic of Future of Jobs. We involve greatly in upskilling, reskilling and constant skilling to help companies foster towards EV adoption faster by providing skilled manpower. Besides, developing skills, we maintain quality so that our courses will be able to compete with the global automotive industry.
Demo Video Lecture:
|Electric Vehicle Industry Overview||00:08:10|
|Introduction to Electric Vehicle||FREE||00:03:21|
|Introduction to Electric Vehicle Industry||FREE||00:12:34|
|Flow Chart for Designing an Electric Vehicle||FREE||00:05:56|
|History of Electric Vehicle|
|The End and the Beginning of Electric Era!||00:07:55|
|Role of EVs in the energy transition||00:09:31|
|Are Mass and Weight the same thing?||00:03:31|
|Distance & Displacement Explained||00:03:51|
|Uniform & Non Uniform Motion||00:05:24|
|What is Velocity||00:04:19|
|What is Acceleration||00:04:36|
|What is Force Part 1||00:05:01|
|What is Force Part 2||00:03:19|
|What is Friction?||00:01:53|
|What is Rolling Friction?||00:04:19|
|Factors Affecting Friction||00:04:47|
|Converting Between English and Metric Units||00:05:00|
|Calculating the Electrical Unknowns of a DC Series Circuit||00:10:00|
|Calculating the Electrical Unknowns of a DC Parallel Circuit||00:10:00|
|Explaining the Relationship of an Electromagnetic Field||00:15:00|
|Analyzing Time-Series Data for Distance, Speed, and Acceleration||00:15:00|
|Describing Continuously Variable Transmission Operation||00:05:00|
|Identifying Hybrid Electric Vehicle Components :||00:10:00|
|How Do All-Electric Cars Work?||00:05:00|
|Design Phase Part 2||00:06:00|
|Basics of Motors||FREE||00:01:36|
|More about Electrical Machines||00:40:00|
|Types of Motors||00:01:08|
|BLDC Out Runner Motor – Construction||00:00:38|
|BLDC Out Runner Motor – Working||00:01:16|
|BLDC In Runner Motor||00:00:57|
|Description Part 1||00:04:52|
|Description Part 2||00:10:12|
|Description Part 3||00:06:54|
|PMSM Motor – Introduction||00:00:52|
|PMSM Motor – Working||00:02:07|
|PMSM Motor – Advantages and Disadvantages||00:01:41|
|Types of Batteries||FREE||00:25:35|
|Battery Calculation Part 1||00:03:54|
|Battery Calculation Part 2||00:06:23|
|Battery Calculation – Final Steps||00:07:47|
|Battery Management System – Introduction||00:10:51|
|Battery Management Device||00:15:00|
|Converter, Inverter, Controls and Controllers|
|Motor Controllers – Introduction||00:14:14|
|Motor Controller – Explanation||00:13:32|
|Converters, Inverters, and Controls||00:05:00|
|Electronics Part 1||00:09:09|
|Electronics Part 2||00:07:18|
|Working with Boolean Algebra and Number Systems – 1||00:20:00|
|Working with Boolean Algebra and Number Systems – 2||00:15:00|
|Describing Inverter Functions in Electric and Hybrid Vehicles||00:10:00|
|Working Safely on Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle Components||00:15:00|
|SA 1 (20 Marks)||7, 00:00|
|An overview of Pre-Requisites for the Course|
|Introduction to Vehicle Dynamics||FREE||00:17:29|
|Bit of Physics||00:24:42|
|First part of the pre-requisites video. Beginning with a bit of physics.|
|Fundamentals of Linear Algebra||00:22:25|
|Part 2 of prerequisite fundamentals. Some fundamentals of linear algebra.|
|Vector Algebra and 3D Geometry||00:30:40|
|Part-3 of Prerequisite Fundamentals. Vector Algebra and 3d geometry.|
|Linear External Forces||00:16:10|
|Weight & Weight Distribution||00:20:19|
|Load & Load Distribution||00:27:23|
|Introduction to Quater Car Model||00:32:31|
|Kinematics of the Model||00:18:56|
|Independent Suspension System||00:14:25|
|Suspension System Components||00:08:30|
|Mc Pherson Strut||00:09:04|
|Trailing Arm & Semi – Trailing Arm||00:15:26|
|Three Link Trailing Arm||00:09:50|
|King Pin Inclination||00:15:48|
|Pneumatic Trail and Mechanical Trail||00:11:35|
|Roll Center and Roll Rate||00:12:19|
|Suspension Geometry – Overall View||00:13:26|
|Bump and Droop Consideration||00:12:52|
|Four Bar Mechanism and I center||00:14:47|
|Roll Center Design and Geometry||00:14:13|
|Roll Moment and Roll Moment Calculation||00:11:49|
|Jacking Force and Roll Center Connection||00:13:04|
|Overview of Suspension Behaviour||00:09:05|
|Anti Dive and Anti Squat||00:11:49|
|Why we need Anti Dive and Anti Squat||00:12:22|
|Damping Ratio and Damping Constant||00:12:24|
|Lateral Slip Angle and Cornering Forces||00:05:45|
|How to read Tyre||00:08:34|
|Quarter Car Model||00:20:00|
|Introduction – Acceleration & Breaking||00:02:44|
|Ford Vehicle Dynamics||00:04:46|
|Torque Vectoring Control||00:02:45|
|Focus on Aerodynamics||00:02:16|
|Ferrari Vehicle Dynamics||00:02:35|
|Vehicle Dynamics Control||00:01:09|
|Modelling & Simulation (Reference Books)|
|Modelling & Simulation (Reference Books)||00:30:00|
|SA 2.1 (30 Marks)||7, 00:00|
|SA 2.2 (30 Marks)||7, 00:00|
|Stay in Touch||00:10:00|
|Tasks to Get Started||00:00:00|
Competency Certificate & Grading
We have designed the course to ensure you have practice questions, final module quizzes to test your knowledge and a final assignment. While the practice questions are not graded, the final module quiz questions will be graded and you will have an overall grade for the course.
You can check your grade at any time under the course’s Progress page that you can access through the top menu. The grading policy for this course is designed to capture key learning goals. Completion of all the assignments and tasks in all lessons will result in a passing grade. Overall, you will be graded on final module quizzes and an assignment.
You can obtain a total of 80% by doing the graded activities in the different modules. You can earn the remaining 20% by doing the final assignment, a peer reviewed essay. The passing grade for this course is 60%.
DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page.
The course materials of this course are Copyright of DIYguru and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-
- Top 5 reasons why you should go for Electric Vehicle Certification in 2020
- Electric Vehicle Industry Research Reports & Future Forecasts (2020-2030) : Download White Papers
- Download: ELECTRIC VEHICLE OEM & Equipment Manufacturers Directory 2018(Courtesy – EV Expo Directory) Useful for Students looking out for companies and Job opportunities in Electric Vehicle Segment
- Current Openings in EV Industry –
- Linkedin (1,172)
- Naukari.com (23,567)
- Shine.com (122)
- Indeed Jobs
- Times Jobs (864)
- Angel List (37,269)
- Monster Jobs (315)
- Career Jet (153)
- Glassdoor (114)
- Download Free Electric Vehicle Guide Book with this course.