Other Engineering Professionals include Aeronautical Engineer, Agricultural Engineer, Biomedical Engineer, Engineering Technologist, Environmental Engineer and Naval Architect occupations.
Related occupations include:
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Agricultural Engineer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Engineering Technologist
- Environmental Engineer
- Engineering Professional
- Acoustic Engineer
- Mechatronics Engineer
- Product Design Engineer
- Natural Resources Engineer
- Clinical Engineer
- Medical Engineer
- Aeronautical Engineering Technologist
- Agricultural Engineering Technologist
- Biomedical Engineering Technologist
- Chemical Engineering Technologist
- Industrial Engineering Technologist
- Mining Engineering Technologist
- Aeronautical Engineering Officer (Navy)
- Aerospace Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer Officer – Aeronautical (Air Force)
- Aerospace Engineer Officer – Armament (Air Force)
- Aerospace Engineer Officer – Electronics (Air Force)
- Avionics Systems Engineer
- Weapons Aeronautical Engineering Officer (Navy).
Main tasks performed
- performing and supervising engineering work concerned with the design, development, manufacture, maintenance and modification of aircraft for flight
- performing and supervising engineering work related to the use and development of agricultural land, buildings, machines and equipment
- applying knowledge and methodology of physics, engineering, mathematics, computing, physical chemistry and materials science to problems in biology and the treatment and prevention of human disease
- analysing and modifying new and existing engineering technologies and applying them in the testing and implementation of engineering projects
- assessing the impact on air, water, soil and noise levels in the vicinity of engineering projects, planning and designing equipment and processes for the treatment and safe disposal of waste material, and assessing what may cause problems for the environment in the long-term
- designing and overseeing the construction and repair of marine craft and floating structures.
What skill level is required?
Registration or licensing is required.
Study fields related to this occupation group include:
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and Technology
- Automotive Engineering and Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering and Technology
- Aerospace Engineering and Technology
- Maritime Engineering and Technology
- Engineering and Related Technologies
- Other Engineering and Related Technologies.