Prototypes can be individual parts or complete cars, and once they’re built, they can be put through their paces to see how well they do and, in some cases, tested to destruction if necessary. Traditional prototyping was a slow and expensive process because, even with the best engineers, theory wasn’t always borne out in practice. The constant back and forth between drawing board and prototypes was costly and enormously time-consuming. Computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) for designing and simulating the performance of products changed things entirely, with the inevitable consequence that cars can now be engineered, prototyped and tested in a virtual world before any physical prototypes are built. Manufacturers can get closer than ever before to the finished result before prototypes roll into a wind tunnel or onto a test track.
The course deals with the creating and designing parts, assembling models and product development using Solidworks. It goes through a complete walkaround of the software user interface, tools, commands and operations to enhance your skill as CAD Design Engineer
The course starts with basic introduction of software and its implementation and application in various fields and industries. The course is focused on complete automobile product development from the initial sketch to final assembly. The course will optimise your skills and will make you competent for Solidworks Associate (CSWA) and Solidworks Professional (CSWP) certification exams. The first module covers the designing of an electric scooter starting with the development of chassis design on a two dimensional sketch with considering vehicle parameters. Then adding structural members to the 3D sketch or a wireframe design of the chassis. The next videos cover the braking subsystem, suspension system and powertrain designing. The final videos consist of assembling the design parts in bottom down assembly configuration and rendering the final product.
The Electric Car module covers the design and development of an electric sedan. The videos starts with the phase of chassis development, suspension system, steering system, braking, powertrain and drivetrain. All the vehicle parts of subsystems are designed individually and then assembled to form the subassembly. The latter also include designing of a monocoque chassis using surface and solid modelling. The complete outlook of the vehicle including the interiors is modelled using surface design. The subassemblies are assembled using constraints and configurations in Assembly mode of Solidworks. The vehicle is featured with exploded view and animation with rendering. The course also includes chain sprocket design with Assembly in Solidworks.
DIYguru course also offers BAJA and FSAE vehicle development modules for SAE event preparations which will aid the students for their competitions and upskilling them in their team. The modules cover the required design and simulation according to the rulebook parameters using Solidworks.
- Demonstrate competency with multiple drawing and modification commands in SOLIDWORKS.
- Create three-dimensional solid models.
- Create three-dimensional assemblies incorporating multiple solid models.
- Apply industry standards in the preparation of technical mechanical drawings.
- Create Simulation of the assemblies incorporating multiple solid models.
- Learn without a career break with online classes available 24*7.
- One can access the course at their own pace, but with the investment of 3-5 hours/week, it can be finished within a month.
- The program uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the program.
- The education delivery method is a blend of classroom and experiential learning.
- Participants who will complete the program become eligible for Mentorship and Placement help through our Job Fairs.
- This program is focused on student-level competitions like SAE BAJA, SAE SUPRA, and even Formula Bharat and Formula-E.
The program is designed for students or professionals who are:
- Having a Diploma, BE / B.Tech or equivalent in domains such as Automotive, Mechanical, EEE, ECE, Instrumentation, Mechatronics.
- Designing enthusiasts (No academic qualification mandatory)
- Working in industries such as Automotive, Auto component, Design, Manufacturing, etc.
- Working in Functional areas such as R&D, Analysis, Maintenance, Projects, component design, etc.
- Interested in pursuing further studies on the part-time or full-time basis in Design and Engineering Sector.
The program to give its best will need the following requirements:
- Computer/ Laptop will provide you with the best experience, but this program is quite compatible with smartphones to make it feasible for students worldwide.
- High-speed internet for crystal clear experience, but this program can also run without buffering with below-average connectivity for reaching out to students from suburban and rural areas.
- A student should make their notes for future reference.
- A student should have basic knowledge about high-school physics, maths, and chemistry, even though the pre-requisite of this program will brush up one’s basic concepts.
- A student should have a compatible computer for SOLIDWORKS CAD software so that they can practice with the progress of the course.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in ‘SOLIDWORKS – Design, Drafting and Simulation’ to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module. DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page. Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a firstname.lastname@example.org, our team will help you out.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in ‘SOLIDWORKS – Design, Drafting and Simulation’ to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module.
DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page.
Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a email@example.com, our team will help you out.