India became the fourth largest auto market in 2018 with sales increasing 8.3 per cent year-on-year to 3.99 million units. It was the seventh-largest manufacturer of commercial vehicles in 2018. India is also a prominent auto exporter and has strong export growth expectations for the near future. Automobile exports grew 14.50 per cent during FY19. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.05 per cent during 2016-2026. In addition, several initiatives by the Government of India and the major automobile players in the Indian market are expected to make India a leader in the two-wheeler and four-wheeler market in the world by 2020.
In order to keep up with the growing demand, several automakers have started investing heavily in various segments of the industry during the last few months. The industry has attracted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) worth US$ 23.89 billion during the period April 2000 to December 2019, according to data released by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
Source: IBEF March 2020 Report
The educational objective of this program is to shape the students into the best automobile engineers by providing a supportive and diverse environment and to produce competent and innovative automobile engineers for fulfilling the needs of the industry. This program for beginners in the Automotive field, where you will be able to understand and have a fair knowledge about working of an automobile. Along with that, DIYguru in collaboration with Make In India initiative to promote the Automotive sector in India brings you this unique opportunity to explore various opportunities available in Automotive Industry.
DIYguru presents a certification program on Fundamentals of Automobile Engineering in collaboration with BAJATUTOR. This program provides you with the most flexible learning environment possible. This program is offered as a self-paced program often referred to as asynchronous online program which is time-independent, meaning that it can be accessed 24*7 within the tenure of 45 days. This program can be accessed from multiple devices which make it easy to learn on the go. Lectures that are pre-recorded or slide presentation with voice-over commentary, interactive discussion boxes that foster student to student interaction, Email communication with the instructor are part of this process.
- Automotive industry overview
- Introduction to automobile engineering
- Revision of basic concepts
- Tyres and wheels
- To develop learn and apply new theories, concepts and methods.
- Understand the basic functionalities of an automobile.
- Identify, formulates, and solves engineering problems.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Conduct rigorous and ethical research / formal enquiry into related issues that require familiarity with a range of research sources and appropriate methodologies.
- To demonstrate awareness and ability to critically evaluate risks, including health and safety when conducting design and tests.
- Learn without a career break with online classes available 24*7.
- One can access the course at their own pace, but with the investment of 3-5 hours/week, it can be finished within a month.
- The programme uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the programme.
- The education delivery method is a blend of classroom and experiential learning.
- At the end of the course, you will have a strong understanding of what happens inside the car and how different components work together in making a car ride comfortable while moving.
The program is designed for students or professionals who are:
- Having an ITI, Diploma, BE / B.Tech or equivalent in domains such as Automotive, Mechanical.
- Automotive enthusiasts (No academic qualification mandatory) working in industries such as Automotive, Auto component, Design, Manufacturing, etc.
- Interested in pursuing further studies on a part-time or full-time basis in the Automotive sector.
The program to give its best will need the following requirements:
- Computer/ Laptop will provide you with the best experience, but this program is quite compatible with smartphones to make it feasible for students worldwide.
- High-speed internet for crystal clear experience, but this program can also run without buffering with below-average connectivity for reaching out to students from suburban and rural areas.
- A student should make their notes for future reference.
- A student should have basic knowledge about high-school physics and chemistry, even though the pre-requisite of this program will brush up one’s basic concepts.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in “Fundamentals of Automobile Engineering” to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module. DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page. Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a email@example.com, our team will help you out.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in “Fundamentals of Automobile Engineering” to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module.
DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page.
Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a firstname.lastname@example.org, our team will help you out.
|Your Current Standing|
|FAE1.1 Course Introduction||FREE||00:03:06|
|FAE1.2 Make in India Diary – Auto Industry Overview||00:07:46|
|FAE1.3 – Make in India : Daimler||00:02:33|
|FAE1.4 : Make In India – BMW||00:03:40|
|FAE1.5 : Make In India – Ashok Leyland||17:59:00|
|FAE1.6 The Government Policies of Make in India : Next 5 Yrs.||00:07:07|
|FAE1.7 India’s Auto Components Sector||00:01:00|
|FAE1.8 Meet a Maker: Mercedes-Benz||00:01:00|
|FAE1.9 Make in India – Scania||00:01:38|
|FAE1.10 Make in India – Volvo||00:01:27|
|FAE1.11 Make in India – ZF||00:02:59|
|FAE1.12 Hero Moto Corp||00:02:00|
|Check your Automobile Knowledge||00:05:00|
|FAE2.1 History of Automobiles||00:28:00|
|FAE2.2 : Automobile Industries In India||FREE||00:30:20|
|FAE2.3 : Automotive Industry In India||00:23:55|
|Chassis / Rollcage|
|FAE3.1 Importance and Development of Chassis||00:10:16|
|Tyres & Wheels|
|FAE4.1 : Intro to Wheels & Tyres||00:02:50|
|FAE4.2 Wheels Explained||00:04:09|
|FAE4.3 Tyre Nomenclature & How to Read Your Tyres||FREE||00:08:34|
|HMW1.1 – How Do Car Engines Work?||00:01:01|
|EE1.1 Car Engines||00:06:01|
|LNE2.9 – Petrol (Gasoline) Engine vs Diesel Engine||00:04:06|
|EE1.2. Gasoline Vs. Diesel Explained||00:09:18|
|LNE2.12 – Diesel Engine, How it works ?||00:06:19|
|EE1.3. Two Strokes Engine Explained||00:04:38|
|EE1.4. Engines Layouts – Explained (V6, 16, V8, W12)||00:03:13|
|EE1.5. Rotary Engines||00:04:02|
|EE1.6. Horsepower Vs. Torque||00:03:57|
|EE1.7. Compression Ratio||00:02:49|
|EE10.8 F1 Engines Explained||00:08:18|
|EE1.8. Octane Rating Explained||00:02:44|
|Engine – Innovation||00:03:08|
|Diesel Engines : Innovation||00:02:56|
|FAE6.1 How Clutches Works?||00:06:40|
|EE3.2 : Clutches||00:03:50|
|EE3.3 Multi-Plate Clutches||00:05:38|
|LNE2.4 – Automatic vs Manual Transmission||00:07:46|
|LNE2.8 – Automatic Transmission, How it works ?||00:05:06|
|LNE2.6 – Manual Transmission, How it works ?||00:06:04|
|E4.5 : Continuously Variable Transmission||00:03:21|
|Videos : Steering Explained||00:37:00|
|Revision to Basic Concepts|
|AACC1 – Car Engines||FREE||00:09:55|
|AACC2 : Camshaft & Valve||00:07:53|
|AACC3: Turbocharger & Supercharger||00:08:55|
|AACC4 : Car Electrics||00:08:31|
|AACC5 : Car Electronics||00:10:38|
|AACC6: Steering & Suspension||00:11:04|
|AACC7 : Car Differential||00:07:19|
|AACC9 : Car Engine Lubrication||00:13:32|
|AACC10 : Engine Cooling System||00:06:40|
|Why is suspension necessary in automobiles?||00:11:39|
|AACC : How Suspension Works ?||00:11:03|
|AACC : Study Materials||00:00:00|