Manufacturers of equipment used in manufacturing, testing, and power generation applications face complex challenges to develop embedded applications that integrate with mechanical, electrical, control, and signal processing systems. Forward-looking companies are turning to Model-Based Design to redefine the way they perform system-level design. Model-Based Design enables industrial equipment makers to create executable specifications in the form of Simulink® models that provide clear design direction to diverse engineering groups.
Sharing models shifts the focus of the development process from design and test on hardware to design and test with models, enabling early verification across domains before investing in prototypes. Machine makers then leverage code-generation technology to reduce rework, link code to design and allow software engineers to focus on software architecture.
This course teaches computer programming to those with little to no previous experience. It uses the programming system and language called MATLAB to do so because it is easy to learn, versatile and very useful for engineers and other professionals. MATLAB is a special-purpose language that is an excellent choice for writing moderate-size programs that solve problems involving the manipulation of numbers. The design of the language makes it possible to write a powerful program in a few lines. The problems may be relatively complex, while the MATLAB programs that solve them are relatively simple. As a result, MATLAB is being used in a wide variety of domains from the natural sciences, through all disciplines of engineering, to finance, and beyond, and it is heavily used in the industry. Hence, a solid background in MATLAB is an indispensable skill in today’s job market.
DIYguru presents the certification program on MATLAB Fundamental. This program provides you with the most flexible learning environment possible. This program is offered as a self-paced program often referred to as an asynchronous online program which is time-independent, meaning that it can be accessed 24X7 within the tenure of 30 days. This program can be accessed from multiple devices which makes it easy to learn on the go. Lectures that are pre-recorded or slide presentation with voice-over commentary, interactive discussion boxes that foster student to student interaction, Email communication with the instructor are part of this process.
- Able to use Matlab for interactive computations.
- Familiar with memory and file management in Matlab.
- Able to generate plots and export this for use in reports and presentations.
- Able to program scripts and functions using the Matlab development environment.
- Able to use basic flow controls (if-else, for, while).
- Familiar with strings and matrices and their use.
- Use MATLAB effectively to analyze and visualize data.
- Apply numeric techniques and computer simulations to solve engineering-related problems.
- Apply a top-down, modular, and systematic approach to design, write, test, and debug sequential MATLAB programs to achieve computational objectives.
- Design and document computer programs and analyses carefully and completely to effectively communicate results, to facilitate evaluation and debugging by another programmer, and to anticipate and resolve user errors.
- Demonstrate understanding and use of fundamental data structures (classes).
- Create and control simple plot and user-interface graphics objects in MATLAB.
- Learn without a career break with online classes available 24*7.
- One can access the course at their own pace, but with the investment of 3-5 hours/week, it can be finished within a month.
- The program uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the program.
- The education delivery method is a blend of classroom and experiential learning.
- Participants who will complete the program become eligible for Mentorship and Placement help through our Job Fairs.
- Students taking the course will get a MATLAB Online license free of charge for the duration of the course. (CLICK HERE)
- Free: 30 Days MATLAB Trial License (Included)
The program is designed for students or professionals who are:
- Having a Diploma, BE / B.Tech or equivalent in domains such as Automotive, Mechanical, EEE, ECE, Instrumentation, Mechatronics.
- Programming enthusiasts (No academic qualification mandatory)
- Working in industries such as Automotive, Auto component, Design, Manufacturing, etc.
- Working in Functional areas such as R&D, Analysis, Maintenance, Projects, component design, etc.
- Interested in pursuing further studies on the part-time or full-time basis in Design and Engineering Sector.
The program to give its best will need the following requirements:
- Computer/ Laptop will provide you with the best experience, but this program is quite compatible with smartphones to make it feasible for students worldwide.
- High-speed internet for crystal clear experience, but this program can also run without buffering with below-average connectivity for reaching out to students from suburban and rural areas.
- A student should make their notes for future reference.
- A student should have basic knowledge about high-school physics and chemistry, even though the pre-requisite of this program will brush up one’s basic concepts.
- A student should have a compatible computer for MATLAB software so that they can practice with the progress of the course.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in ‘MATLAB Fundamental’ to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module. DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page. Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a email@example.com, our team will help you out.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in ‘MATLAB Fundamental’ to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module.
DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page.
Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a firstname.lastname@example.org, our team will help you out.
What are job prospects like for MATLAB programming? – (Answer by Sam Roberts, works at XMW Consulting)
MATLAB is much more widely used than most people realise – I know it’s a rather vague statistic, but the TIOBE index currently puts MATLAB as having very close to the popularity of something like Objective-C or even Ruby and growing.
Nevertheless, the job market for MATLAB programming is somewhat different from the job market for other languages (such as Java, C++, Python, Ruby etc.), because MATLAB is a somewhat different kind of thing from those other languages. In particular, MATLAB is not just a programming language – it’s also an interactive environment for carrying data analysis, visualisation, modelling and simulation fairly (although not exclusively) associated with applications in mathematical domains – particularly engineering, but also other industries such as finance, pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, retail, and data science. Because of these differences, you’ll typically find that there are not many people who have a permanent job, with a job title of something like “MATLAB developer”. More likely they would be an engineer, or a scientist, or a quant, or a data analyst, who is qualified in those areas, and use MATLAB as part of their job.
So if you’re looking for a permanent job involving MATLAB programming, you’d be better off getting trained in one of those areas and supplementing that with MATLAB skills. If you’re in one of those industries, MATLAB expertise can be a fantastic thing to have on your resume, but it’s unlikely to be your core competency.
However, if you’re considering contract work rather than a permanent role, the picture is a bit different.
The MATLAB users above will typically start off using MATLAB interactively to do analysis or modelling. Then they’ll start to automate that analysis using the MATLAB programming language in a “scripting” style, or maybe a suite of reusable functions. Then they’ll share that within their organisation, it gets recognised as useful, and eventually, they’ll want to take those scripts and rewrite them into a proper application, or scale them up by parallelising them, or product them in some other way.
It’s at this last stage that they commonly have problems. Note that this is not because of some deficiency of MATLAB that makes it unsuitable for large-scale or productized applications; it’s just that scaling up, or productizing applications which take skills in software engineering, and these users are engineers/quants etc who can code, but not software engineers.
I make a pretty prosperous living helping these people out, as a contract MATLAB developer, and I’ve never been short of contracts at all. On a typical contract, the client I’m working with has implemented some technical algorithm, and it works well, but they need to improve it in a way that is beyond their skills. They might need to wrap their algorithm in a robust, usable GUI. They might need to parallelise it to speed it up on a much larger dataset. They might need to call it via a web service rather than as a desktop application.
And alongside those improvements, they pretty much always also need, and appreciate, some education in basic software engineering and develops processes. They may not have used a version control system, they are unlikely to have implemented any unit tests, they are probably not very good at effectively documenting code, and they are very unlikely to have any experience in implementing an automated build process, or a deployment and release strategy.
If you can combine the right set of skills and ability to work collaboratively with experts in a technical domain, along with very solid MATLAB programming expertise, there are plenty of employment opportunities for MATLAB developers.
|Free MATLAB Trial||03:00:00|
|Use MATLAB for data Calculation||00:00:51|
|What you should know||00:01:06|
|Starting out with Matlab 2018|
|Tour the MATLAB Workspace window||FREE||00:03:12|
|Define variables and constants||00:06:15|
|Overview of arithmetic, comparison, and logical operators||00:04:17|
|Explore arithmetic, comparison, and logical operators||00:02:33|
|Define ranges of values||00:04:52|
|Summarize values using built-in functions||00:04:46|
|Generate random numbers||00:05:36|
|Get help in MATLAB||00:04:12|
|Managing Vectors & Matrices|
|Define vectors and matrices||FREE||00:05:56|
|Refer to matrix and vector elements||00:03:26|
|Overview of matrix multiplication||00:02:56|
|Element-wise matrix multiplication||00:02:14|
|Perform scalar and element-wise operations on vectors and matrices||00:06:28|
|Using MATLAB function on vectors||00:05:17|
|Generate special matrices||00:04:49|
|Transpose and inverse of matrices in MATLAB||00:04:34|
|Creating MATLAB Scripts|
|Create a MATLAB script||FREE||00:04:34|
|Accept input values in a script||00:05:14|
|Display values within a script||00:04:53|
|Write values to an external file||00:03:29|
|Load values from a file into a script||00:02:19|
|Create a user-defined function||00:04:27|
|Conditional Logic & Loops|
|Include if and if-else statements in a script||00:07:28|
|Apply conditional logic using Switch||00:04:27|
|Examine values using the is statements||00:03:22|
|Use is statements||00:03:45|
|Perform operations multiple times using for loops||00:07:29|
|Perform operations while a specific condition is true||00:05:19|
|Managing Strings & Data Structure|
|Define string variables||00:02:10|
|Create a custom string using sprintf||00:05:38|
|Removing white spaces and changing case in String||00:03:47|
|Compare, find, and replace strings||00:03:47|
|Convert strings to numbers||00:04:22|
|Performing advanced Plotting and Statistical Analysis|
|Plot data and function output||00:04:22|
|Create other plot types||00:06:17|
|Format plot elements||00:04:56|
|Save and print plots||00:03:18|
|Summarize data using statistical functions||00:04:05|
|Solve systems of linear equations using matrix functions||00:04:39|
|SA 3.1||7, 00:00|
|Stay in Touch||00:10:00|