FEM – Finite Element Method is a technique used to solve the mathematical equations arising during the analysis of an object. FEM is a very popular technique incorporated by much industry-grade software used by the analysis based companies. It is always better to get familiar with new-age industry methods to cope with the competition and create your own stance. This workshop provides an opportunity to learn about the Finite Element Method in detail and make you appreciate its importance in the present day industry.
Many physical phenomena in engineering and science can be described in terms of partial differential equations. In general, solving these equations by classical analytical methods for arbitrary shapes and boundary conditions is almost impossible. The finite element method (FEM) is a numerical approach by which these partial equations can be solved approximately. Cut throat competition in the market puts tremendous pressure on the corporations to launch reasonably priced products in short time, making them to rely more on virtual tools (CAD/CAE) accelerate the design and development of products. As dependability of the industries on virtual tools increases, so it is the responsibility of the finite element analysts to provide results with most accuracy within available resources and time constrains. This workshop will be particularly beneficial for engineering students, engineers and scientists working in various industries. Workshop will be conducted on smart materials and structures to promulgate knowledge and facilitate to share experimental and current research experiences and outcomes among the engineers, manufacturers, industrialists with dedication into breakthroughs in advances and innovations in technical, civil, automobile, mechanical, aviation, nanotechnology, medical, defence and related fields.
To apply the finite element method (FEM) for solving problems related to stress analysis and vibrations.
Participants will be made to understand and solve various industry grade case studies and engineering problems.
The course and workshop are open to Faculty Members, Students from Engineering Colleges / Polytechnics and Practicing Engineers from Industries and R&D Institutions. Seats are limited.
Why should you attend?
- Exposure to industry practices
- Introduction to latest trends in FEM
- Case studies from real industrial problems
- Mathematical modeling
- Live demonstration of solutions by trainers
- Post processing and validation of results
- Group Discussions to encourage innovation
- Good multimedia content to help participants grasp the material easily
- Career guidance by experienced faculty
- Useful for interview preparation
Who should attend?
Anyone who is
- interested in learning FEM
- willing to take up projects in FEM
- working in FEM
- looking for a career in FEM
- applying for higher studies
Workshop Curriculum :
- Introduction to FEM:
- Application of software in industry.
- FEM used for cost saving technique in industry.
- Revision of b tech which include material properties, composite, elastic and plastic properties.
2. Fem mathematical calculations:
- Creating stiffness matrix to solve problems.
- Use of matrix in solving beam problems and learning calculations running behind this software.
3. Different types of analysis
- Structural and modal calculation and analysis.
- Learning about fatigue life cycle of a material.
- Frequency response generated in body due to different input accelerations.
- Avoiding resonance conditions in a part.
- Exposure to sine sweep and random testing curve used in industry.
DAY 2 :
- Importance of meshing. How different size of meshing affect the results.
- Different types of element.
- Calculation performed on these element. Practical exposure to tria and tetra meshing.
5. Performing analysis on software.
- Calculation of stress, strain and deformation. How to reduce these stresses.
- Compiling report of results and boundary conditions.
- Finding first natural frequency.
- Creating the part within the safe limit.
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- Analyze their online scores in comparison with other students
- View analysis of the performance of students from across the country
Workshop Registration Fee:
Practicing Engineers: Rs. 2,500/-
Faculty Members: Rs, 2,000/
Students: Rs. 1,000/- Registration fee includes course material, working lunch, refreshments and accommodation (sharing basis at hostel).
We have compiled a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
Phone: 011-40365796 (10AM – 8PM; Mon-Sat)
All training material (including but not limited to course descriptions, presentation files, videos, exercises) are made available for the sole purpose of distance learning by visitors to the Training Portal. If material is labelled with a specific copyright, you should abide to it. Otherwise the copyright of the material belongs to the content creator and the material may not be re-distributed or re-purposed without explicit permission of the content creator.