Solar power in India is a fast developing industry. The country’s solar installed capacity reached 35.12 GW as of 30 June 2020. India has the lowest capital cost per MW globally of installing solar power plants. The Indian government had an initial target of 20 GW capacity for 2022, which was achieved four years ahead of schedule. In 2015 the target was raised to 100 GW of solar capacity (including 40 GW from rooftop solar) by 2022, targeting an investment of US$100 billion. India has established nearly 42 solar parks to make land available to the promoters of solar plants. In the decade ending 31 March 2020, India expanded its installed solar power capacity by 233 times from 161 MW to 37,627 MW.
Rooftop solar power accounts for 2.1 GW, of which 70% is industrial or commercial. In addition to its large-scale grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) initiative, India is developing off-grid solar power for local energy needs. Solar products have increasingly helped to meet rural needs; by the end of 2015, just under one million solar lanterns were sold in the country, reducing the need for kerosene. That year, 118,700 solar home lighting systems were installed and 46,655 solar street lighting installations were provided under a national program; just over 1.4 million solar cookers were distributed in India.
With the exponential job growth in the renewable sector, especially the solar field, it is a time to develop & put new skills to practice. In this course, the audience will gain in-depth exposure about solar plant design both for KW scale rooftop & MW scale Ground-mounted solar plants starting from basics. System design, documentation, cost estimation & net energy yield estimation is fully explained by segregating long lectures into small sections.
The audience will be familiar with the modern software (Autocad, Pvsyst, Sketchup & G-Earth) used in project design. Sample calculations & examples of major critical electrical equipment with pictures demonstrated in a very simple approach. The course will have MCQ & Assessment sessions from time to time to test their understanding & self-evaluation. The assessments will be based on a live project where they will deal with real constraints & solutions which industrialists face during the design stage. All the lectures are equipped with well-managed content with real examples, pictures & topics are arranged sequentially to keep the objective unique.
- Overview of Global Energy Scenario
- Solar irradiance, irradiation, sun path diagram & peak sun hour
- Types of the solar power plant, the concept of net & gross metering
- Selection of inverter, module & balance of system
- Site survey & SLD preparation using Autocad
- Array, string & cable layout-KW(rooftop) & MW(ground-mounted) System
- Design calculation for rooftop solar plant
- Shadow analysis & loss estimation using modern software
- Protection system, earthing calculation & cable sizing
- Plant commissioning documentation
- Relay Co-ordination
- Costing, Estimation & payback period calculation
- Total energy Yield estimation
- Performance monitoring-PR & CUF
- Preparation of detailed project report
- Design Software-Autocad, Pvsyst, G-Earth
- Able to design, estimate & prepare rooftop & MW solar plant
- Gain the confidence to be an industry-ready Solar Design Engineer
- Become an Entrepreneur
- Can work as a solar plant Site Surveyor
- Installer, O&M
- Work as a freelancer- EPC/Design Consultant
- Become an online Trainer
- For fresher, they can add weight to their resume
- Modern software like AUTOCAD, PVSYST, SKETCHUP & G-EARTH is used in this course.
- Learn without a career break with online classes available 24*7.
- One can access the course at their own pace, but with the investment of 3-5 hours/week, it can be finished within the given tenure.
- The program uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the program.
- The education delivery method is a blend of classroom and experiential learning.
The program is designed for students or professionals who are:
- Having a Diploma, BE / B.Tech or equivalent in domains such as EEE, ECE, Instrumentation, Mechatronics.
- Beginner working in the solar industry.
- EPC Contractor
- Solar Plant Project Executives
- Anyone willing to enter into the solar sector
- Interested in pursuing further studies on the part-time or full-time basis in Design and Engineering Sector.
CLICK HERE TO ENROLL
The program to give its best will need the following requirements:
- Computer/ Laptop will provide you with the best experience, but this program is quite compatible with smartphones to make it feasible for students worldwide.
- High-speed internet for crystal clear experience, but this program can also run without buffering with below-average connectivity for reaching out to students from suburban and rural areas.
- A student should make their notes for future reference.
- A student should have basic knowledge about high-school Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
- A student should have a compatible computer for listed software so that they can practice with the progress of the course.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in ‘Solar Power Plant Designing’ to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module.
DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page.
Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a email@example.com, our team will help you out.