Since prehistoric days, the Sun has been revered as a life-giver to our world. The Industrial Revolution taught us how to use sunlight as a source of energy. India has a tremendous amount of solar energy potential. India’s land area receives about 5,000 trillion kWh of energy each year, with most sections receiving 4-7 kWh per sq. m every day. Solar photovoltaic power can be effectively harnessed in India, allowing for massive scalability. Solar also allows for decentralized power generation and allows for rapid capacity expansion with short lead periods. Rural electrification and addressing other energy needs for power, heating, and cooling in both rural and urban areas can benefit from off-grid decentralised and low-temperature applications. Solar is the most secure of all energy sources in terms of energy security because it is abundantly available. A small proportion of total incident solar energy (if captured correctly) might theoretically meet the entire country’s electricity needs. The National Solar Mission (NSM) was launched on 11th January, 2010. NSM is a major initiative of the Government of India with active participation from States to promote ecological sustainable growth while addressing India’s energy security challenges. It will also constitute a major contribution by India to the global effort to meet the challenges of climate change.
In order to achieve the above target, the Government of India have launched various schemes to encourage generation of solar power in the country like Solar Park Scheme, VGF Schemes, CPSU Scheme, Defence Scheme, Canal bank & Canal top Scheme, Bundling Scheme, Grid Connected Solar Rooftop Scheme etc.
The solar energy or the Solar photovoltaic systems can be divided into two broader segment
For a candidate to excel in the Solar Domain one must know thoroughly on the different systems, estimation, design parameters, costing etc. This course is intended for those who belong to the beginner to intermediate sector having great passion towards Solar Energy. The course will start from basics of Solar Energy and will drive you through the individual determining factors for a power plant and will gain in-depth exposure about solar plant design both for KW scale rooftop & MW scale Ground-mounted solar plants starting from basics. System design, documentation, cost estimation & net energy yield estimation is fully explained by segregating long lectures into small sections.
Solar Solar OFF Grid Systems
- Solar ON Grid Systems
- Hybrid Systems
A lot of simulation software are out there to help you with the design and simulation of Solar Power Systems, of which the industrial standards are met with AutoCad, PVsyst, SketchUP etc. The audience will be familiar with the modern software. Sample calculations & examples of major critical electrical equipment with pictures demonstrated in a very simple approach.
The course will have MCQ & Assessment sessions from time to time to test their understanding & self-evaluation. The assessments will be based on a live project where they will deal with real constraints & solutions which industrialists face during the design stage. All the lectures are equipped with well-managed content with real examples, pictures & topics are arranged sequentially to keep the objective unique.
- Overview of Global Energy Scenario
- Solar irradiance, irradiation, sun path diagram & peak sun hour
- Types of the solar power plant, the concept of net & gross metering
- Selection of inverter, module & balance of system
- Site survey & SLD preparation using Autocad
- Array, string & cable layout-KW(rooftop) & MW(ground-mounted) System
- Design calculation for rooftop solar plant
- Shadow analysis & loss estimation using modern software
- Protection system, earthing calculation & cable sizing
- Plant commissioning documentation
- Relay Co-ordination
- Costing, Estimation & payback period calculation
- Total energy Yield estimation
- Performance monitoring-PR & CUF
- Preparation of detailed project report
- Design Software-Autocad, Pvsyst, G-Earth
- Able to design, estimate & prepare rooftop & MW solar plant
- Gain the confidence to be an industry-ready Solar Design Engineer
- Become an Entrepreneur
- Can work as a solar plant Site Surveyor
- Installer, O&M
- Work as a freelancer- EPC/Design Consultant
- Become an online Trainer
- For fresher, they can add weight to their resume
- Modern software like AUTOCAD, PVSYST, SKETCHUP & G-EARTH is used in this course.
- Learn without a career break with online classes available 24*7.
- One can access the course at their own pace, but with the investment of 3-5 hours/week, it can be finished within the given tenure.
- The program uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the program.
- The education delivery method is a blend of classroom and experiential learning.
The program is designed for students or professionals who are:
- Having a Diploma, BE / B.Tech or equivalent in domains such as EEE, ECE, Instrumentation, Mechatronics.
- Beginner working in the solar industry.
- EPC Contractor
- Solar Plant Project Executives
- Anyone willing to enter into the solar sector
- Interested in pursuing further studies on the part-time or full-time basis in Design and Engineering Sector.
CLICK HERE TO ENROLL
The program to give its best will need the following requirements:
- Computer/ Laptop will provide you with the best experience, but this program is quite compatible with smartphones to make it feasible for students worldwide.
- High-speed internet for crystal clear experience, but this program can also run without buffering with below-average connectivity for reaching out to students from suburban and rural areas.
- A student should make their notes for future reference.
- A student should have basic knowledge about high-school Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
- A student should have a compatible computer for listed software so that they can practice with the progress of the course.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in ‘Solar Power Plant Designing’ to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module.
DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page.
Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a email@example.com, our team will help you out.