Automotive design is a highly specialized field, incorporating various types of engineering, safety, business acumen, and creative talents. The industry is not limited to automobiles but includes all other forms of wheeled-transportation. Auto design involves teamwork; each member contributes from his or her specialized knowledge base. The field is dynamic and ever-changing, offering the designer a high-powered and progressive work environment.
For the most part, an automobile designer will work with a styling team during the design process for each specific model. The team typically consists of a chief designer, exterior designers, and interior designers. There may also be a trim and colour designer involved in the process, as well as a clay model team and digital model team. Sometimes all these roles are fulfilled by one designer, but that is very unusual. Aside from these roles, there will be a studio head, managers, prototype engineers, and others involved in the overall design of each automobile.
The automotive sketching course teaches students to apply various techniques and materials in order to make informative and also pleasant, easy to read sketches. The course set up stresses the importance of observing (and copying) shapes, cars and perspectives, and consequently the ‘construction’ of complex car shapes. The ultimate goal is to accomplish expertise and comfort and fluency (pace as well) when designing and drawing vehicles. This course specifically addresses the automotive design field, however, it provides very helpful knowledge, skills and reference materials for the broader field of industrial design as well. In other words, automotive sketching offers an advanced course for understanding and visualizing complex shapes, in an automotive context. Students of this course can apply for designer jobs at automobile companies, auto-ancillary units, tier-one suppliers to work on the concept and design departments. Sketch artists, concept illustration artists, concept artists are some of the exclusive job positions available in this domain.
DIYguru presents a certification program on Automotive Sketching and Drawing. This program provides you with the most flexible learning environment possible. This program is offered as a self-paced program often referred to as an asynchronous online program which is time-independent, meaning that it can be accessed 24X7 within the tenure of 90 days. This program can be accessed from multiple devices which makes it easy to learn on the go. Lectures that are pre-recorded or slide presentation with voice-over commentary, interactive discussion boxes that foster student to student interaction, Email communication with the instructor are part of this process.
- Vehicle architecture – A historical perspective
- Automotive body layout, proportions, packaging, and themes
- Introduction to freehand sketching of simple geometries
- Sketching in perspective: 1-Point, 2-Point, and 3-Point Perspectives
- Sketching Car block in 1, 2, and 3 point perspectives
- Sketching car side view proportion
- Sketching car front view proportion
- Sketching car ¾ front view; ¾ rear view
- Concept car sketching
- Shading and Rendering best practices
- Digital rendering using Sketchbook pro
- Learn without a career break with online classes available 24*7.
- One can access the course at their own pace, but with the investment of 3-5 hours/week, it can be finished within a month.
- The program uses a Continuous Evaluation System that assesses the learners over convenient and regular intervals. Such a system provides timely and frequent feedback and helps busy working professionals stay on course with the program.
- The education delivery method is a blend of classroom and experiential learning.
- This course was designed with the “Learn by Doing” principle in mind so just follow along the design process..
The program is designed for students or professionals who are:
- Having a Diploma, BE / B.Tech or equivalent in domains such as Automotive, Mechanical, EEE, ECE, Instrumentation, Mechatronics.
- Designing enthusiasts (No academic qualification mandatory)
- Working in industries such as Automotive, Auto component, Design, Manufacturing, etc.
- Working in Functional areas such as R&D, Analysis, Maintenance, Projects, component design, etc.
- Interested in pursuing further studies on the part-time or full-time basis in Design and Engineering Sector.
The program to give its best will need the following requirements:
- Computer/ Laptop will provide you with the best experience, but this program is quite compatible with smartphones to make it feasible for students worldwide.
- High-speed internet for crystal clear experience, but this program can also run without buffering with below-average connectivity for reaching out to students from suburban and rural areas.
- A student should make their notes for future reference.
- A student should have basic knowledge about high-school physics and chemistry, and maths even though the pre-requisite of this program will brush up one’s basic concepts.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in ‘Automotive Sketching and Drawing’ to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module. DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page. Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a firstname.lastname@example.org, our team will help you out.
DIYguru will feel proud to awards the certificate of competency in ‘Automotive Sketching and Drawing’ to only those aspirants who have 100% completed their online module.
DIYguru proficiency Certificate is highly valuable by industry giants namely Robert Bosch; Maruti Suzuki; Hyundai Motors, are the name of few, which is why DIYguru earned certificates are secured with a unique certificate ID. To check the validation of the certificate, check out the footer section of the home page.
Certificate provided to you is an online certificate, which means there is no need to download, after completion of the course, aspirants are requested to check their profile to view their earned certificate. In case the certificate is not issued feel free to write us a email@example.com, our team will help you out.
|Using Pen & Paper|
|Tools you need||00:02:08|
|Ground & Wheels||00:03:27|
|Outline & DLO(Window Surround)||00:03:24|
|Adding Design Elements & Surface Basics||00:04:48|
|Advanced Shading, Tips & Tricks & Wheel Detail||00:04:45|
|Personal Touches & Some Additional Touches||00:06:01|
|Using Marker Renders|
|Tools you need||00:06:03|
|Skills you need||00:02:10|
|Your Base Sketch||00:03:31|
|Details. Layer 5||00:08:20|
|Fixing Mistakes, Refining Lines||00:08:08|
|Introduction & Tools You Need||FREE||00:02:43|
|Important things on getting started||00:02:00|
|Ground & Wheels||00:03:59|
|Outline, DLO, Surface basics||00:04:36|
|Midsection, Front Perspective, Headlights||00:03:54|
|3D Design Elements, Door Shutlines||00:03:23|
|How to see & Fix Mistakes, Final Things||00:03:18|
|How to Draw Series|
|Drawing & Sketching Using Imaginations||05:00:00|
|Stay in Touch||00:10:00|
- Fundamentals of Electric Vehicle Engineering
- MATLAB Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Automobile Engineering
- Basics of Python Programming Language for Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics
- Electrical Engineering Fundamentals
- Autodesk Alias Certification Course
- Additive Manufacturing & Rapid prototyping
- Design of EV using MATLAB
- Electric Motorcycle / E-Bike Design Course using SOLIDWORKS
- CATIA – Computer Aided Drawing and Drafting
- Automotive Sketching & Drawing
- Battery Management System
- BS 6 Emission Norms and Control Stategies
- Fundamentals of ANSYS (FEA/FEM)
- MSC ADAMS Multibody Dynamics