An estimate by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural gas suggests that the annual per capita consumption in India would be 20 kgs by 2022. As per CPCB reports, plastic contributes to 8% of the total solid waste, with Delhi producing the maximum quantity followed by Kolkata and Ahmedabad. Only 60% of the total plastic waste is being recycled. Households generate maximum plastic waste, of which water and soft drink bottles form a large number. In India, around 43% of manufactured plastics are used for packaging purpose and most are of single-use. Multi-Layered Plastics are categorized under either recyclable, energy recoverable or with some other alternate use, but their recycling is an expensive process.
About this course
Plastic Waste Management course gives you an overview of the classification of waste generated and effective management situations in various states of India and other developing nations(LMIC). You will get the understanding of various challenges that cover plastic waste management with lean management initiative and how past hurdles have been appropriately resolved in cities, Industrial complexes and dispose off sites. This course will cover all key elements of the waste management system with its technical, environmental, social, financial and institutional aspects.
This course is a combination of videos as online lectures, assignment and a discussion forum for queries.
Course Fees: 5000 INR + Taxes
Duration: 30 Days
Fully online with video lectures
Timeline – Flexible deadlines to complete at your own pace
Language – English
All DIYguru courses are self paced and you can cover the course videos and assignments at your own pace. Once you have successfully completed the course, you will earn a Certificate of Course Completion from DIYguru that includes a serial number of authentication as well. You can use that certificate as part of your resume, or proof of skills you gained or during job interviews where having an edge above others always makes a difference in final selection.
Why take this course
The course covers from a basic overview of existing waste management sector to currently followed protocols in developing countries. You will be introduced to the framework of Sustainable Waste Management that will give you an edge through this course. In case you are looking to work in environmental action plans and waste reduction projects in cities or bring on the policies for organic and composite waste management, this course is a perfect match for you.
Who should take this course
- Social enthusiasts and students who want to upskill their knowledge on waste management (No academic qualification mandatory)
- Graduates and job seekers interested in pursuing studies on the part-time or full-time basis in environmental crises, waste management modules, startup enthusiasts working on waste management resources.
Course key insights
- Overview of Plastic Waste management
- Categories in solid, liquid and gaseous wastes
- Insights on Municipal waste management
- Different forms of residential and Industrial waste
- Waste reduction in cities with recycling practices
- Policies and resource formation for eliminating harmful waste
- Actions and National schemes on Waste management
|Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recover|
|Methods of Plastic Waste Disposal|
No Reviews found for this course.